1. This Social Media account has been established by the City of Mount Dora. The City’s intent
is not to create a public forum, but to maintain a moderated online discussion directly
relating to topics posted by the City that is appropriate for citizens that are over age 13
and up to read.
2. All comments are subject to public records law. Additionally, under Florida law, e-mail
addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response
to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this
office by phone or in writing.
3. This Social Media account is not monitored at all times. This Social Media account is
generally not monitored on the weekends. Do NOT use this Social Media account to
report emergency situations or time-sensitive issues.
4. You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your
username and any information provided.
5. The appearance of external links on this site does not constitute official endorsement on
behalf of the City of Mount Dora
6. The City may disable functions on the site or application that are not needed or desired.
7. Inappropriate material is subject to deletion by the administrator of this account. If you
The following is inappropriate material:
i. Comments not topically related to the particular subject matter, material, information or post being commented upon.
ii. Profane language or content.
iii. Sexual content or links to sexual content.
iv. Graphic, obscene or explicit comments or material.
v. Comments or materials that are abusive, threatening, hateful or intended to defame or defraud any person, organization, or financial, commercial or non-governmental agency.
vi. Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity.
vii. Disparaging personal remarks or acrimony towards another person that can lead to libel.
viii. Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity or sexual orientation will not be tolerated.
ix. Content that violates a copyright, trademark or other legal ownership interest of any other party.
x. Campaign information from a candidate for elected office or information related to a candidate’s personal campaign.
xi. Solicitations or advertisements. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency.
xii. Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
xiii. Content posted by persons whose profile picture or avatar, username or email address contains any of the aforementioned.