Information for Event Organizers
Mount Dora is an ideal environment to hold or attend a special event due to inviting weather, abundance of shops and activities, and year-round attractiveness to many visitors and residents. Mount Dora is a dynamic destination with exemplary art, entertainment, and culinary offerings.
The City recognizes special events as an important part of Mount Dora’s quality of life and the contribution they make to a sustainable tourism industry. Special events also provide economic benefits to local businesses and residents, while providing a love of place through unique civic, cultural, educational, recreational, and entertainment experiences.
Browse the documents below to start planning your event, and submit your online special event permit application.
Special Event Planning Links
- Special Events Guidebook: New to special events in Mount Dora? Start here with this searchable guidebook.
- Special Event Permit Application Online Form
- Parade Permit Application Online Form
- Special Event Permit Application Online Form (City Use Only)
- Parade Permit Application Online Form (City Use Only)
- Special Event Promotional Agreement: A helpful document clarifying roles and responsibilities related to the promotion of special events. Signature is required as part of the special event permit application online form.
- Overhead Banner Permit Application: A public service provided by the City to assist in the promotion of special events.
- Sandwich Board Sign Application: An opportunity for permanent businesses operating within a special event footprint.
- Entertainment District: Developed to foster community cooperation, encourage events and entertainment, and build a reputation for being a livable, walkable City.
- Fire and Police Department Guidelines for Food Vendors
- Police Department Special Events Policy
- Structural Safety Standards for Large Tents
- Special Event Public Input Form: A form used by the Cultural and Special Events Coordinator to gauge the impact of a special event involving street or parking space closures. While event organizers are not required to collect their own input, they may seek additional input using this or another form.
- Special Events Ordinance